Friday, September 14, 2012

Surprising my Husband!

  Three months ago, from tomorrow, I married my best friend. And since we had basically paid for so much of the wedding and reception ourselves, we weren't able to go too far away for our honeymoon. So instead we went to a place that wasn't too far away, but certainly felt like it. And today I surprised my husband with a relaxing weekend away at the exact same place.
  So here we are in Midway Utah, determined at all costs to stay in pajamas all weekend and completely relax! I know what you're thinking, "Can't you just stay at home and do nothing?". Yeah, we probably could, but who really does nothing when you're at home? Okay, men do. But I certainly don't. In fact, if I really thought about it, I've got a load of laundry to do, a dishwasher that needs emptied, and then of course we'd have to eat. All while we obviously still need to eat while we're here, I don't have to make it! And more importantly, clean up from it!
  My goal is to avoid all of that for a few days. Don't worry, I'll do it when I get home. But it's easy to let those things get in the way of genuine time with your significant other. Even if we end up spending all weekend lying around in pajamas and watching tv, that's okay, because at least this way I don't feel guilty for not doing any of the other stuff. Plus, the other HUGE plus side of staying in a hotel is the pillows! Yes, I love room service as much as the next girl, and this resort also has one of the best spas in the state, but come on they're pillows! I'm currently lying on a huge soft bed, surrounded by about 10 pillows. 10 PILLOWS! 10 glorious, fluffy pieces of heaven for me to swim around in! (I'm a little obsessed) But it's one of my favorite things.
  Now that I've got myself thinking about pillows, I'm going to go curl up with a few (all) of them, and I might even let Ryan join me! Nothing more to report from here, at least nothing that I'm going to post about!

Good night everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment