Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Surviving-Day 2

  Day 2 of death dwelling inside me and not letting anything else in there is going just about as good as it sounds. My head is swimming and I have no strength left in my body. I plan on spending today the same way that I spent most of yesterday, either in bed, on the floor of the bathroom or soaking in the bathtub. In the bath I used about 1/2 cup of epsom salt (eucalyptus and spearmint), which is so relaxing. Too relaxing in fact, since I actually fell asleep for a little while in the tub! Oopsy!
  The other thing that I tried yesterday was a face mask. Made up of 1 tbsp baking soda and 1/4 cup of milk. I didn't really think it was doing anything, since it was mostly just dripping all over my face, but then it started hardening. I left it on for about 10 minutes and then washed my face off and my skin was so incredibly smooth. Even today, it is still the only part of my body that feels good!
  Last night when Ryan got home from work, he was amazing and helped me make soup and let me crawl back in bed and eat it there, and then he took the dishes back downstairs to the kitchen when I was done. And he even lied next to me in bed and didn't complain once about the cheesy romantic movies that I was watching. I watched the 1979 movie A Little Romance, that stars Diane Lane (who had to have been about 13 at the time and whom I absolutely adore, and made me really want to watch Must Love Dogs) and Laurence Olivier. And the next movie I watched was Roxanne, The 1987 movie with Steve Martin and Daryl Hannah.
  All right, back to bed for me. I hope that you are all feeling better than I am and having a good day. Keep your fingers crossed that I'll be all better by tomorrow, or even a little better, I'm not greedy!

1 comment: