Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Reflection of Day 1


  This is going to be harder than I thought! Staying positive and not letting little things get to me is one of the biggest challenges I face. For me this isn't about just learning to bake and sew and be a better wife, it's about working towards a state of mind (for lack of a better word). It's so nice to be able to look back at a “simpler time” and envy that slow pace, but it really was just that, a simpler time. Things aren't simple anymore.
  So, I find myself at a crossroads. While the computer is necessary for me to be able to share with you my awesomeness, to truly have more time for the things that I'm working on do I disconnect in other ways? Could I go a month without my phone? (Could I go an HOUR without my phone?!?) When I start to think about how many apps I have on my phone that do everything for me, I get a little (okay, a lot) nervous about what that would change for me. I would actually have to WRITE THINGS DOWN! With like pencil and paper! Okay, let's not get a head of ourselves. While I may not be ready to jump into such a venture as giving up my phone just yet, I will be limiting my use.

  Let's jump right into my goals, because I'm starting my day tomorrow bright and early with my workout, getting Ryan off to work, and baking a fresh batch of carrot cake cupcakes! (I'll write more on that experience tomorrow.) On to the goals!


Goal 5. Take 10 minutes everyday for personal reflection. Focusing on things that I'm working on, what I'd like to accomplish and action steps for making those things happen.
Goal 6. Take 10 minutes everyday to reflect on others. Focusing on someone else needs and what I might be able to do to help them.
Goal 7. Limit Facebook to one hour on Sundays. (I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!) The only thing that would be posted to Facebook throughout the week would be workouts that get shared when they are completed and the daily blogs (both of which I don't have to go directly through Facebook to post.
Goal 8. Clean out my phone and limit myself to 5 necessary apps.

  Lots of new goals today, but I think they are all necessary. If I want to move past the everyday stresses and distractions, then I need to make an active effort to remove them. This is going to be great! I know it's only been a couple of days, but this project has already made me so much happier! It's fun being able to experience more and to grow as a person, and just as fun to share it with all of you! :)

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment