Friday, September 21, 2012

Return of the Dead

  Nope, not the movie, just me coming back to the land of the living.
  One of the things I love the most is taking care of people and doing things for them, so it's really hard for me to just relax and let other people take care of me for a change. My husband was completely amazing through all of it and does such a great job of taking care of me, but I am very happy to be feeling 100% again!
  Today is my mother-in-law's birthday (Happy Birthday Mom!!), so while Ryan and I were making breakfast and getting ready this morning we though it would be fun to call and wake her up. We don't talk to them nearly enough (and I'm not just saying that because I know she's reading this). We, like many people, get caught up in our day to day things and we forget how important it is for us to make time for things like that. It's obviously a little different with my side of the family, because most of them live within a half an hour of us, so we see and talk to them on a fairly regular basis. In fact tonight we are babysitting one of the nephews which we are both completely looking forward to. Although, I think Ryan is more excited about the fact that I told him since we were babysitting that we could splurge a little on dinner tonight, instead of having our regular diet meal. :P
  Today is also a run day (Monday, Wednesday and Friday we work on the couch25K program). We are into week 6, so not only is it getting more intense, but I missed my run on Wednesday due to the plague, so today was especially rough. But I did it (just barely) and that's what matters. It would have been so easy to use the excuse that I've been sick and not run today, but then I just feel worse. Not in the pukey way that I've been feeling, but the disappointed in myself kind of way. Although, the stomach flu that I just had dropped me down another 2 lbs! (15lbs total so far I've lost!!)
  As for the rest of the day, I've got errands to run. Gotta go change the oil in my car, grab a couple of things from the store, pay some bills, clean the house, and (most importantly) figure out what new recipe I'm going to attempt this weekend to share with all of you. Sundays are our "cheat days", so I try and plan something special on those days. Something that's still healthy, but more calories than we would probably normally consume. Or maybe even a treat of some sort. I've been wanting to attempt a real pie (as oppose to the super easy banana cream pie I always make), one that requires making a crust and actually baking!
  I'm glad to be back and fully functioning! I hope all of you are well and ready to enjoy this weekend ahead of us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment