Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Looking Good For My Man


  The first step in taking care of your husband is first taking care of yourself. Some of this might seem like common sense, but bear with me.

  Since day one with Ryan I have never been more comfortable with anyone. It was one of the easiest progressions in my life. It's also been one of the hardest when it comes to “looking good for my man”. Now, don't get me wrong, I look good, but “getting ready” is not always my thing. When my husband tells me everyday (when I look like crap, i.e. just woke up,just worked out) how amazing I look and how beautiful I am, it's easy to forget to “get ready” for him.
  It starts with little things, like painting my toenails (since I can't paint my fingernails due to years and years of gnawing them down to less than nothing), stop biting myfingernails (:P), removing old cracked polish, doing my hair andmakeup everyday (yes, even on the weekends), and not walking straight in the door from work and putting on pajamas. I am up early, have a crazy busy schedule throughout the day, and when I get home it seems almost silly to put on “normal clothes” (I wear scrubs to work) for only a few hours before then getting into pajamas. But those are all just excuses. The same way that I'm too busy for my morning run, but I waste half an hour in the morning catching up on Facebook and Pinterest. Well NO MORE EXCUSES! My husband deserves my best and I'm going to do everything in my power to give it! And it's not like it really takes that long to apply some fresh lipstick, powder my nose, and tame my wild hair.  
  As some of you may know, my husband Ryan and I have started living a healthier lifestyle. We are both counting calories and working out everyday (okay, at least ever otherday). Doing this together has been fun (as fun as dieting and exercise can be), and the support has been amazing. Taking even a half an hour every other day and doing some sort of activity does wonders for you! (I'm going to try and not go too much into this other than occasional check-ins. Or unless it's something that anyone is interested in hearing more about.)
A lot of the time the reason we won't go and do anything in the evenings after work is I am just too tired.That's why it is super important to be getting a full 8 hours of sleep every night. This has been key for us, and probably harder for Ryan to do than me. But he is younger and seems to still be able to stay up late and wake up early with little to no problem (it's kind of annoying). And obviously this isn't easy for people with young kids, but really try as best you can.
  I will be giving myself occasional goals to be working towards. Please feel free to join in with me if it's something that you too would like to work on, or check in with me and see how I'm doing. As this is my first official day in becoming the best-little-housewife-I-can-be and we are talking about ways to better ourselves, then we'll start there.
Goal 1. Stop biting fingernails. As sexy as my husband thinks I am, that is not sexy!
Goal 2. Keep on track with calorie counting and exercising every other day.
Goal 3. Take time everyday to get ready, even when I don't feel like it, especially when I don't feel like it!
Goal 4. Stay positive! (this one is super important, and I'll be talking more about it later)

Well I guess that's it for now. Catch you on the flip side!

1 comment:

  1. You're so cute! I love where this blog is going and I already feel myself being inspired. I think there has been one day in the 5 1/2 years that I've been married to Ben that I haven't done my hair and makeup. I'm not sure he "notices" but I sure feel better about myself and I'm sure he notices that! It's a great goal. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete