Saturday, September 15, 2012

Healthy Eating on Vacation

    By far, one of the hardest things about being away from home (and my kitchen) is trying to hang on to somewhat of a resemblance of a diet. But healthy choice don't have to be hard. The first tip is obviously bringing as much of your own food as possible. If there isn't a little fridge in your hotel room, like ours doesn't, make sure to bring your own cooler. I always make sure that I have plenty of drinks and healthier snacks to munch on. The other tip I have is, go to the grocery store. There is always one at least kind of close by. And I like the option of a grocery store because I still feel like I'm eating out, but with healthier options. So instead of swinging through fast food, we headed to The Store (yeah, it's literally called The Store) and tonight we each got a huge salad from the salad bar and a couple bottles of water. I know, not very exciting, but it's a treat for us! 
  I also made a fresh batch of salsa and grabbed a bag of chips and we're currently snacking on that while I'm finishing this article up and we're getting ready to settle in for the night and watch another movie. It will be our 3rd movie today, actually. So far we've watched The Three Stooges (eh), The Lorax (my pick, and I really liked it), and we're just about to start What to Expect When You're Expecting (another one of my picks, obviously). Day 2 of relaxation has been a complete success! 
  I hope you're all having a great weekend yourself! Oh, and don't forget, tomorrow is National Wife Appreciation Day! (I told Ryan that, and he said, "Isn't that everyday?") I'm totally spoiled! Make sure you spoil the ones that you love EVERYDAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment