Monday, September 24, 2012

Getting to Know Me!

  I know that most of you already know who I am, and what I'm about, but as I'm getting more and more followers (THANKS!) I thought that I would introduce myself formally. My name is Ashley, I'm almost 30 and I've been married for just over 3 months to my best friend, Ryan. I don't claim to be the best housewife, or have all of the answers, but I'm certainly trying, and learning and growing everyday. And my number 1 goal is to be the best wife for my husband.
  I've been collecting some questions today to help you get to know me just a little bit better, so without any further delays, I'll get right into them!

Q: Why did you start blogging in the first place?
A: Well, to be completely honest, I started blogging because of the movie Julie&Julia! As most of you know, it's a movie about a girl in her late 20's/early 30's who doesn't really get fulfillment from her job, has a really supportive husband and is just trying to find something to do with her time and learning to finish something that she started. I can relate to that. And I thought, I have a unique voice that I think people might be able to relate to, and if not then it's just a really fun journal for me. I love my husband, and just want to be the best for him and this was a way for me to learn and try new things and also hold myself accountable.

Q: What is your favorite food to bake?
A: Wow! Umm, so far it's probably cupcakes. It's not that they are anything special, but I love how much Ryan loves them. And he always gets so excited when he knows that I've made them. Plus, I LOVE decorating them. It's something that I've been teaching myself little by little, and I really enjoy it. It allows me to be creative and artistic, and also eat cupcakes!

Q: What is your favorite thing about being married?
A: EVERYTHING! (more specific?) I have always been kind of a people pleaser, so I like having someone around that I can take care of. And it's not because he can't take care of himself, he's fully capable, but he lets me. It makes me happy to serve my husband and do little things for him!

Q: Do you have a favorite website/cookbook for recipes?
A: I hate to kinda cop-out with this one, but I'd have to say Pinterest. :P There are so many new and fun things to try on there, and I've got some really good ideas from it. I also just use Google a lot. Ryan and I are on a diet where we eat 5 meals a day, and our 3 main meals have around 300-400 calories each, so I will literally just type in "400 calorie meals" in Google and just start clicking around. And mostly I just try and search for recipes that we both love and then experiment with ways that I can make them healthier and still tasty.

Q: What three things can always be found in your fridge?
A: And I can only pick 3? Well the first one is always water. I'm weird and I can't stand the taste of tap water in Utah. I've lived here for just over 3 years and I've yet to drink it. So we always have gallon jugs of water. The second thing would be our meats. Every Sunday I cook up a big batch of ground turkey and chicken and I keep it in containers in the fridge so we can just scoops out a portion (about 4oz.) whenever we need it for a meal. And the third thing would be liquid egg whites. I am a firm believer that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and every other day of the week I make either quick and easy breakfast sandwiches or omelettes. (great question!)

Q: What was the last thing that you ate?
A: We just finished up dinner a little bit ago and I made Chicken Tostadas. I bake some corn tortillas and we use refried black beans, diced chicken, tomatoes, olives, onion and lettuce (and usually a little salsa). They are quick and easy, which is the way I like my meals to be since we're both so busy.

Q: Shower or baths?
A: Well that's kind of a personal question :) but I really enjoy my baths. Just as important as it is for me to take care of my husband, it is just as important for me to take care of myself. I'm not a stay-at-home housewife, I too have a full time job and I love being able to spend some alone time with my scented bath salts, just soaking in a hot tub with a good book!

Q: What makeup could you not live without?
A: I would probably have to say my eyeliner, although I'm getting more and more into lipsticks. I haven't always been super girly and am still figuring out this whole makeup thing, but it's fun to just play around with it until something good happens.


  Wow! Thank you all so much for the awesome questions! (That was actually kind of fun!) If you didn't get your question in today, there's always tomorrow. You can always leave questions for me in the comments below and also on the Facebook fan page. And just a reminder that we're still working on getting 50 likes, so if you like what you've been reading so far, please share it with your friends!
  Thanks to all of you! NIGHT!
 

3 comments:

  1. That was very cute, Ashley. So what exactly is this diet/eating plan/lifestyle change you and Ryan are doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan here. We're doing a variation of Choose to Lose: The 7-Day Carb Cycle Solution. Days alternate between high carb and low carb, with Sunday as a "cheat day"

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are also both working our way through the Couch25K program

    ReplyDelete