Monday, October 1, 2012

Long Weekend

  I know. I know. This daily thing isn't working out so well, but I'm doing the best I can people! I guess that I should start with the car. Ryan and I have been discussing the possibility of getting a second car for a little, basically ever since his parents first came out and visited. Okay, honestly it's just pretty much been me talking about it ever since then. His family came out for a week and while they were here they had this great rental car that I got to basically drive around the whole time since they didn't really know where anything was. And from that moment on I been obsessed with the RAV4. It is an SUV, but still compact. It's higher off the ground than my little Nissan, and so it will be great for the winter months. It has tons of storage space in the back and you can still fit 5 adults in it. In fact, every time we would drive down the road and see one, I would point and it and say "look, there's my car". And now Ryan teases me and says that as we're driving down the street in my new RAV4! Yep! I got it! What better way to celebrate spending the last 10 years paying off debt than to start another loan! But in all seriousness, it will be a great little car that will last for quite some time. (and yes, everybody, one that our little family can grow into.)
  The next part of our weekend adventure was spending sometime with my sister and her family to celebrate her birthday (which is this upcoming week). We made a huge dinner with everything she wanted: salmon, tempura veggies and a green salad covered with shrimp! Everything was delicious, if I do say so myself. 
  On top of everything else, we've now got a couple of house guests staying with us for the next little bit. It has been fun to have our little home full of so much love and laughter (not that we weren't happy before they showed up, but just so much more now.) Most of all this weekend has just been a lot of little adjustments, and trying to get settled in to a new routine. One of the newest parts of our daily routine is a "wind down" quiet reading time the last hour of everyday before we all go off to bed. (yes, I made sure if it was okay to use reading time to write instead tonight). But I love the process of setting aside time to unwind from the day and spend some quiet time together. It's also fun to be able to be in such close quarters with other people that enjoy reading as much as I do!
  I'm going to work really hard on getting back to daily updates, even if they are not super long. I do miss it when I'm not writing. But that is all for now as it is getting close to the end of reading time and the beginning of crawl-in-bed-and-sleep time. 
  Night all!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment