Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My New Love For Yoga!!

Not my idea of relaxing!
  As a super busy woman, I am always looking for ways to relax and unwind throughout the day. My "go to" has always been a long soak in a hot bath,which I still love, but it's not always convenient. I've thought about trying yoga before, but I've always heard that it's surprisingly hard, so I've opted for other solutions. But now that our house guests have left and the house has been cleaned it, I needed to try something extra special to relax.

  I remembered that On Demand they have little workout things, some of which were yoga and Pilates. I wasn't really looking to "workout", just relax. So after quickly ruling out Pilates I started searching through the yoga lessons. I was looking for a very specific type of yoga. It might sound lazy (isn't that the point of relaxing) but I wanted one that was the easiest and most soothing. Mostly looking for one that just focused on stretching and breathing. There was about 6 yoga videos to choose from and I went through a few minutes of each one before finally getting to the last one that was actual a prenatal yoga lesson. (Don't get any crazy ideas!) It did make the most sense though, because pregnant woman aren't suppose to do strenuous workouts, so all it focused on was stretching and breathing. It was perfect!!

  After the 15 minute session I felt more relaxed than I ever have even after hours and hours in the bathtub! It was absolutely amazing. Yoga helped me discover places that I didn't even realize I was holding stress. It does take a little getting use to clearing your mind, but I could tell that even towards the end of the first session it was getting easier. I can't wait to do it again tomorrow! And what's great about it is that it's something that can easily be done anywhere and anytime. I'm even thinking of taking 10 minutes during my lunch break and just clearing my head, breathing and relaxing!

  What are some of the techniques you use to relax?

1 comment:

  1. Relax? What is this word you speak? I know it not. Maybe I can learn more about it when graduate school is over.

    ReplyDelete