Friday, October 5, 2012

National Do Something Nice Day!

  To go along with the post that I made the other day about giving thanks, today is National Do Something Nice Day! As often as we get wrapped up in what we've got going on, it's always so great to take a few minutes and do something for someone else. Doing something nice doesn't mean that you have to spend a lot (if any) money or time! For example, last week I was at Costco and I say a lady a few checkout lines down who had on the most adorable chevron maxi skirt, and as I was leaving and walking past her I took 3 steps out of my way to stop and tell her just that. And her entire face lit up! That was all it took. And I like to think that she later told someone about it and how nice it was, or she passed it forward and complimented someone else.
  I make it a habit to do something everyday for someone other than myself. It makes me happy to be able to do that. And, again, it's not always about receiving thanks for the things you've done, although it's nice to hear, it's just about doing what you know to be good and right! So get out there and do something nice for someone today! And if you're having trouble coming up with some ideas, here's a list to help you get started:

*Hold the door for someone
*SMILE!
*Buy someone lunch
*Mow your neighbor's lawn, or water their garden
*Listen intently in conversation
*Be a shoulder to cry on
*Compliment someone
*Inspire and encourage others
*Volunteer in your community
*Hand write a personal thank you card
*Tell someone "I love you"

HAPPY NATIONAL DO SOMETHING NICE DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment