Saturday, October 6, 2012

Splish Splash

  After 2 days of feeling under the weather, the only thing that feels even remotely good is soaking in a hot bath. Let me correct that by saying "a CLEAN hot bath". And I am lucky to have a husband that's sweet enough to take such great care of me (whether I'm feeling well or not). So Ryan, with a little help from Pinterest and Martha Stewart, created a cleaning solution to clean out the tub. Let me preface by saying that I've tried numerous different kinds of cleaning solutions (homemade and store bought) and I have yet to find one that works as well as the ONE that Ryan wanted to try!
  Add one teaspoon of liquid soap, one cup of baking soda and then add just enough water to form a paste. Then all you have to do is use a brush to scrub the tub. What??? That's it, you say?? Yep! That's it! Obviously depending on how bad the bottom of the tub is you might have to use a little more elbow grease, but it's not any more than you'd already be using. Because I didn't do the cleaning, I didn't get a before and after picture. But I can say that I took a bath the day before and then again right after he cleaned it, and the difference is AMAZING!! In fact, now that I'm getting out of bed today, I'll be mixing some more together for the other bathroom. The thing that I like most about it, it that there is no harsh smell (I tried one a few weeks ago that used vinegar). You can also add a couple drops of essential oils for smell, I just didn't have any to use. 

Happy Cleaning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment