Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Missionary Sandwich

 One of my favorite family recipes is the Missionary Sandwich. The name coming from one of our favorite meals to make when we would have the missionaries over (pretty self-explanatory), and whenever we get the chance we still beg my mother to make them. I've made them a few times myself in the past, but have yet to make them for my husband, so I thought I'd add it to the menu this week.

 Here's what you'll need:
Hoagie rolls
Thinly sliced ham 
cheddar, grated
onion
tomato
avocado
alfalfa sprouts
butter

 And here's what you do:
Turn oven onto Broil (low), with rack moved to the very top. Lightly spread butter and both sides of the open face hoagie roll. On one side goes the shredded cheese, and the other side gets the ham and onions. Place on a baking sheet and put into the oven for about 3 minutes. (Just enough time to melt the cheese and crisp up the bread). Then just add on the tomatoes, avocado and sprouts and it's good to go!

 The only exception I had to make this time was the lack of alfalfa sprouts due to an apparent recall on them, but it's still just as delicious. The husband loved it, and I loved that it took about 5 minutes to throw together!

1 comment:

  1. I always give Missionaries hot chocolate and cookies. Never thought of giving them sandwiches. Maybe I would convert more of them to Catholicism if I did?

    ReplyDelete