Wednesday, January 30, 2013

February 14th is Everyday

  This year I was thinking about doing one of those "30 days of love" things that I'm sure we've all seen on Pinterest, but as I was reading over the daily "chores", I realized that I did a lot of them already. Now, I'm not saying that I'm perfect, far from it, but I try everyday to take a moment and really think about how lucky I am to have my husband and what I can so for him. And I know that it sounds cheesy, but everyday is Valentine's day in our house. (I said it was going to be cheesy).
  Some of the things that were included on this list were leave him a sweet note, make his favorite food, thank him for all he does for you and your family, forgive him when he makes a mistake and encourage your husband. Those seem like simple enough things that we should all be doing anyway. And I understand that the point is to make sure that we're taking time for those things, and each other, and that sometimes that's not the easiest thing in the world. And some of the things on the list are things that we're all constantly striving for: imagine how it feels to be in your husband's shoes, go a whole day without correcting him, don't interrupt him when's he's talking and think positive thoughts about him all day. (Sometimes those are the hardest things.)
  My husband and I have always talked about how we don't need one special day a year to let the other person know how we feel. I'm not saying don't do anything special for Valentine's, I think it's fun to do something extra special. (I've got a little something special up my sleeve that I'll be telling you about later.) I think that it's just as easy to go above and beyond every other day of the year as well! You married that man for a reason. You made promises to each other to go above and beyond for each other. So make time for it. It's the most important thing that you could possibly make time for. Trust me, the laundry can wait. (And we are all putting off the laundry as long as we can anyway!)
  You don't always have to like your husband, but you made a promise to always love him, so make sure he knows it. And, trust me, when you go above and beyond for him, he is sure to return the favor!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment