Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What is it with men and grilling?!?

My little Grill Master!
  Now, I'm sure that you are all very aware at this point just how much I love my husband, and in case you don't, it's a lot! But I trust him in the kitchen about as far as I can throw a stick. Maybe it's the fact that even though we have lived in our house for almost 2 years and he still doesn't know where anything is or where anything goes. (Sorry babe, you know I love you!). So when he decided that he wanted to break in our new grill for his birthday, I just assumed I'd be doing that too. Boy was I ever wrong!!

  He went outside and took over that grill like he had been doing it his entire life. Like every thing in his life was leading up to this moment of being the man of the house and grilling out back on Sundays. It was amazing to watch him shine in such a way. It reminded me of the first time that we went camping together and I was a little concerned about my somewhat clumsy husband. Not to mention that the last thing you would mistake my computer programming husband for is the outdoorsy, Paul Bunyan type. But once again, I was shocked and amazed as he took over chopping the wood and building the fire like a pro!! 
I did still get to make
him cupcakes!!

 I think that as woman we get so use to just doing everything our selves that we truly do forget that our husbands are capable human beings, and I mean that in the most loving way possible. We, as women, also torture ourselves by trying to juggle everything instead of giving anyone else the opportunity to step in and help. And we all have our reasons, things we say to convince ourselves that it's better this way: "I can get it done faster myself", "they don't do it the way that I would". And that is probably true, they might not do it, whatever it is, the way you would. But we really just need to remember that it doesn't matter 'how' it gets done, as long as it gets done. Yes, your husband might empty the dishwasher and put the cups in the wrong cabinet, or worse, in the right cabinet but on the wrong shelf or wrong order. But it the end, the dishwasher is still empty (and, if you've properly trained him, loaded with the next dirty batch). 

   We can't complain that they don't do anything, and we do everything, if we don't leave them anything to do. And who knows, they might just surprise you with how they shine!

P.S. Since it's been a little while since I've written (promise I'll be better), I just wanted to remind you that you can follow me on PINTEREST and also find me on my FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment