Thursday, February 7, 2013

Wedding Playlist


   The best decision I ever made was marrying my husband. The second best decision I ever made was having him make a CD copy of all of the songs we had playing during the reception. We, like I think a lot of other people, decided to compile our own playlist for our reception which made the evening even more personalized. We hand picked every song and had everything from Michael Jackson to Sam Cooke and from Hanson and The Cure to Neutral Milk Hotel. We had over 5 hours of music, including first dances, father-daughter dance and the song I walked down the aisle too (I didn't want the conventional "here comes the bride" song). 
 And now, nearly 8 months since that wonderful day, I will be driving down the road and the song that I walked down the aisle too will come on as I'm shuffling through the CD, and it takes me right back. I usually can't make it through the whole song without tears swelling up in my eyes. And I remember holding onto my father's arm as we rounded the corner, and how all of the butterflies in my stomach floated away the second I locked eyes with the love of my life. All I remember after that was the song and the look on his face, I couldn't even tell you who else was in the room. (I mean, obviously I know who else was there, but in that moment there was no one else.) I had found this piano version of the song that I wanted, and even though it cuts off a little early on the end, I had made it to the end of the aisle and the song was turned of long before that point.


 The rest of the music is our favorite songs, songs that mean something to us, songs that we use to sing to each other over late night calls and every time I hear them I remember all of that. It's a wonderful trip down the memory lane of our relationship and a constant reminder of our love.

No comments:

Post a Comment